Read More >
Project Type: Assisted Living and Memory Care
Project Location: Wesley Chapel, Florida
Number of Units: 100 units
Owner: Prevarian Senior Living
Architect: Architectural Concepts, Inc.
Completion Date: November 2017
Total Square Footage: 93,360 sq. ft.
Total Contract Value: $14.65 million
- Restaurant-Style Dining Room
- Private Dining Area
- Bar & Lounge
- Activity and Sitting Rooms
- Wellness Center with Exam Room
- Laundry Room
- Game Room
- Art Studio
- Salon and Spa
- Movie Theater
Challenges & Solutions
- The Pasco County Building Department has a lengthy and strict inspection and permitting process which threatened to cause delays.
- There were many changes and additions throughout the project, some after construction was already complete, which threatened to exceed the budget.
- The interior courtyard design created a logistical puzzle of transplanting multiple mature trees over 20′ tall without delaying construction or damaging interior finishes.
The Douglas Company Solutions
- The Douglas Company made sure all documentation was turned in to the permit office as quickly as possible, with follow-ups to ensure everything was in order, and developed good working relationships with the inspectors to uncover potential issues early, reducing the need for re-inspections.
- The Douglas Company worked diligently with the subcontractors to ensure the best possible pricing for changes and kept the owner informed of issues, providing options to lessen impacts which ultimately led to many additions having no cost impact to the budget.
- The Douglas Company expertly sequenced the work to allow the section of the building necessary for a path into the courtyard to be constructed last, so that the trees were not planted too early and no finishes were damaged.
Beach House at Wiregrass Update Brochure
The Douglas Company, General Contractor, Announces the Completion of the Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care Community