Read More >
Project Type: Assisted Living, Memory Care & Skilled Nursing
Project Location: Brighton, Michigan
Number of Units: 56 units
Owner: Caretel Inns of America
Architect: Interface Architecture and Design
Completion Date: December 2016
Total Square Footage: 44,625
Total Contract Value: $9.8 Million
- Second Story Gymnasium
- Exercise Area
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy Center
- Family Dining Rooms
- Multiple Courtyards
Challenges & Solutions
- The scope of the project included building and connecting six additions to an existing facility, reworking underground utilities, adding a parking lot, relocating the drive, and installing a retaining wall and detention pond, all without interfering with the daily operations of the facility.
- Every aspect of construction had to be coordinated with Caretel’s management personnel creating nine points of contact in total.
- Design issues, as well as owner additions costing an extra $801,524 extended the contract duration by over three months.
The Douglas Company Solutions
- The Douglas Company management ensured that everything on the site ran smoothly and that the client’s objectives were met with two weekly site visits.
- The Douglas Company organized weekly communication with all client and design team members, daily communication with on-site client personnel, and on-site coordination meetings with subcontractors to keep everyone up to date on the project.
- The Douglas Company managed the schedule by giving experienced direction and established the most cost-effective plan to limit additional costs by working closely with the architect and subcontractors.