Project Type: Skilled Nursing/Rehabilitation Facility
Project Location: Pinckney, Michigan
Number of Units: 104 units
Owner: The WellBridge Group
Architect: JW Design
Completion Date: August 2016
Total Square Footage: 65,000
Total Contract Value: $13.5 million
- Spa and Beauty Salon
- Coffee Bar
- Dining and Living Rooms
- Interior Courtyard with a Fountain
- Outdoor Fireplace
Challenges & Solutions
- A winter start date prolonged the initial construction process.
- The site was an old pond which caused poor soil conditions.
- Primrose provided a handful of subcontractors that were out of state to complete scope associated to the building.
The Douglas Company Solutions
- The Douglas Company managed the schedule and avoided any additional delays with careful planning, allowing the project to finish ahead of schedule.
- The Douglas Company installed over 600 aggregate piers which allowed the foundation to float and created a building pad in the middle of winter.
- The Douglas Company had multiple pre-construction conference calls to fully understand the scope and needs of subcontractors, and to assure everything was in place prior to subcontractors arrival. This allowed for a smooth transition and avoided overlap between the subcontractors already on-site and those arriving from out of state.