Project Type: Assisted Living and Memory Care
Project Location: Sylvania, Ohio
Number of Units: 112
Owner: Viscap Development
Architect: M&A Architects
Completion Date: December 2018
Total Square Footage: 48,882
Total Contract Value: $8.68 Million
- Billiards Room
- Fitness Center
- Multiple Activity Areas
- Full-Service Kitchen
- Exterior Courtyards & Patios
- Living Rooms with Fireplaces and Cathedral Ceilings
Challenges & Solutions
- The project had a winter start date, which made laying concrete and foundation work difficult.
- There were many allowances in the AIA contract, placing the budget and schedule on unsure footing.
- The owner and operator had many of their own subcontractors and consultants on this project, leading to input from many directions.
The Douglas Company Solutions
- The Douglas Company’s expertise in managing tricky schedules resulted in no impact to the timeline or quality of work while also reducing the client’s winter conditions costs by over $24,000.
- The Douglas Company was able to design-build several money-saving features of the project after construction was underway, including a light fixture package, landscaping, and site improvements, while maintaining the strict schedule.
- The Douglas Company team organized communication and coordination between the client, design team, subcontractors, and consultants, formulating strategies in line with everyone’s goals.