Project Type: Assisted Living and Memory Care
Project Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Number of Units: 110
Owner: CD-HRA Beavercreek LLC c/o Confluent Development, LLC
Architect: Eppstein Uhen Architects
Completion Date: December 2018
Total Square Footage: 122,000
Total Contract Value: $21.54 Million
- Bistro Bar
- Wellness Center
- Salon and Spa
- Two Interior Courtyards
- Multiple Activity Areas
- Putting Green
- Large Dining Rooms
- Outdoor Fireplace and Seating Area
- Several Private Balconies
Challenges & Solutions
- The county had a very strict and lengthy permitting process which threatened to cause delays.
- Many design problems were found in the mechanical systems throughout the project.
- There were stabilization issues in the soil designated for the parking lot which would have depleted the budget to undercut and replace.
The Douglas Company Solutions
- The Douglas Company met with building officials to assess the requirements and provided the design team with red-line drawings that showed all the necessary changes which they could then incorporate into their designs before making costly errors.
- The Douglas Company worked with the mechanical subcontractor to identify the issues and work on solutions for the mechanical engineer.
- The Douglas Company provided a geogrid product that met the stabilization needs while staying within budget.