Read More >
Project Type: Assisted Living and Memory Care
Project Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Number of Units: 110
Owner: CD-HRA Beavercreek LLC c/o Confluent Development, LLC
Architect: Eppstein Uhen Architects
Completion Date: December 2018
Total Square Footage: 122,000
Total Contract Value: $21.54 Million
- Bistro Bar
- Wellness Center
- Salon and Spa
- Two Interior Courtyards
- Multiple Activity Areas
- Putting Green
- Large Dining Rooms
- Outdoor Fireplace and Seating Area
- Several Private Balconies
Challenges & Solutions
- The county had a very strict and lengthy permitting process which threatened to cause delays.
- Many design problems were found in the mechanical systems throughout the project.
- There were stabilization issues in the soil designated for the parking lot which would have depleted the budget to undercut and replace.
The Douglas Company Solutions
- The Douglas Company met with building officials to assess the requirements and provided the design team with red-line drawings that showed all the necessary changes which they could then incorporate into their designs before making costly errors.
- The Douglas Company worked with the mechanical subcontractor to identify the issues and work on solutions for the mechanical engineer.
- The Douglas Company provided a geogrid product that met the stabilization needs while staying within budget.
HarborChase of Beavercreek Update Brochure
The Douglas Company Celebrates the Completion of Construction with Owners Confluent Development and Harbor Retirement Associates