There is no question that every segment of the senior living industry, including skilled nursing, short-term rehab, assisted living, memory care, independent living, and active adult communities, have all been impacted by the current pandemic. Safety and infection prevention are at the forefront of design decisions for new communities that are currently being planned and adapting existing communities to limit the spread of contagious diseases.
The Douglas Company has been working hard to identify common-sense solutions to help control the spread of diseases without significantly impacting costs.
- Utilizing antimicrobial finishes on high touch surfaces
- Reducing the amount of seams, where germs can spread, with sheet goods for flooring
- Touch-free fixtures and motion-activated sensors
- Automated doors
- Infrared fever screening systems
- Selecting materials that can withstand rigorous cleaning protocols
- Bipolar ionization and or higher HVAC filtration
COVID-19 is transforming senior living design and construction. Future designs will seek safe solutions and create ways for providers to incorporate and support new technologies to minimize future disruptions.
It all begins with a conversation. Let’s discuss your project, and allow The Douglas Company to provide specific insight into methods to reduce the spread of infectious disease without breaking the budget.
Director of Business Development
The Douglas Company
Read More >