Project Type: Supervised Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care
Project Location: Tampa, Florida
Number of Units: 105
Owner: Tampa Senior Housing / Propco LLC
Architect: Architectural Concepts, Inc.
Completion Date: January 2017
Total Square Footage: 108,433
Total Contract Value: $17.9 Million
- A Bistro and Ice Cream Parlor
- Bar and Lounge
- Movie Theater
- Dining Room
- Social Areas
- Game Room
- A State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Outdoor Heated Pool
- Beauty Salon and Spa with Barber Shop
- Media Center
- Multifunctional Craft Center and Activity Room
Challenges & Solutions
- The owner was working with another general contractor that was unable to properly manage the design and cost of the project.
- The project site was located on forested wetlands.
- The client required phased move-ins of staff and equipment during construction.
The Douglas Company Solutions
- The Douglas Company joined the project team as the new General Contractor. Providing an extensive knowledge of large scale value-engineering, we were able to reduce overall costs by $1.5 million, bringing the project within budget without sacrificing the owner’s operational needs and quality expectations.
- The Douglas Company pumped water off-site using underground sock pipes and worked with the tree counsel to replace or relocate all the trees impacted by construction, satisfying local environmental officials.
- The Douglas Company carefully scheduled surrounding construction and worked with building officials to ensure that the facility met all safety requirements before each move-in.