Read More >
Project Type: Assisted Living and Memory Care
Project Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Number of Units: 104 units
Owner: Capital Health Group
Architect: Donahue Architecture and Design
Completion Date: December 2016
Total Square Footage: 105,000
Total Contract Value: $21 million
- Movie Theater
- Fitness Room
- 8th Floor Bistro Bar
- 8th Floor Dining with Ocean Views
Challenges & Solutions
- The construction site was bordered by the Intra-coastal Waterway, a neighboring property, and a road, creating tight working conditions on a site that was less than a half of an acre.
- The project faced lengthy permitting and inspection processes which could have created significant delays.
- The owner’s representatives, who were in charge of the site utilities, were challenged with the prolonged time frame of the power company. The building received permanent power only 2 months before the completion.
- Completed design that was $2 million over budget.
The Douglas Company Solutions
- The Douglas Company coordinated with subcontractors and city officials to ensure efficient construction and compliance with city requirements, with off-site staging and parking.
- The Douglas Company communicated daily with the city building department and inspectors to expedite inspections and permits.
- The Douglas Company worked tirelessly to push the schedule in order to obtain occupancy as early as possible.
- Utilizing many years of experience in senior living construction, The Douglas Company was able to recommend $3.3 million in cost savings, of which $1.8 million was accepted, making the project feasible.
Symphony of Waterways Update Brochure
A New $21 Million Luxury Assisted Living And Memory Care Community in Fort Lauderdale, Florida