Project Type: Skilled Nursing/Rehabilitation
Project Location: Grand Blanc Township, Michigan
Number of Units: 128 units
Owner: The WellBridge Group
Architect: JW Design
Completion Date: June 2018
Total Square Footage: 86,844
Total Contract Value: $21 million
- Spa and Beauty Salon
- WB Fresh Bistro and Coffee Shop
- Art Therapy Space
- Dining and Living Rooms
- Game Room
- Extensive Courtyard Areas
Challenges & Solutions
- WellBridge at Genesys Health Park was a joint venture with the Genesys Health Center and located on the hospital campus.
- The project was larger in scale than the past WellBridge projects The Douglas Company has completed for the ownership group. This was a replacement community for an existing nursing home the client was managing. Once the building opened there was not going to be a ramp-up period for patient enrollment typical of this building type.
The Douglas Company Solutions
- As guests on the Genesys Health Center campus, we had to assure the construction site was taken care of and was up to the standards at all times.
- Due to the capacity of the project particular attention had to be paid to higher finish levels.
- Upon completion, residents were immediately able to move in the existing facility without any construction interruptions in those areas allowing them to fully enjoy the new community.