Read More >
Project Type: Skilled Nursing/Rehabilitation
Project Location: Grand Blanc Township, Michigan
Number of Units: 128 units
Owner: The WellBridge Group
Architect: JW Design
Completion Date: June 2018
Total Square Footage: 86,844
Total Contract Value: $21 million
- Spa and Beauty Salon
- WB Fresh Bistro and Coffee Shop
- Art Therapy Space
- Dining and Living Rooms
- Game Room
- Extensive Courtyard Areas
Challenges & Solutions
- WellBridge at Genesys Health Park was a joint venture with the Genesys Health Center and located on the hospital campus.
- The project was larger in scale than the past WellBridge projects The Douglas Company has completed for the ownership group. This was a replacement community for an existing nursing home the client was managing. Once the building opened there was not going to be a ramp-up period for patient enrollment typical of this building type.
The Douglas Company Solutions
- As guests on the Genesys Health Center campus, we had to assure the construction site was taken care of and was up to the standards at all times.
- Due to the capacity of the project particular attention had to be paid to higher finish levels.
- Upon completion, residents were immediately able to move in the existing facility without any construction interruptions in those areas allowing them to fully enjoy the new community.
Announcing the Completion of Genesys Health Park Rehabilitation Community