Read More >
Project Type: Memory Care
Project Location: Stuart, Florida
Owner: Olson Land Partners
Architect: Leo A. Daly
Completion Date: September 2018
Total Square Footage: 60,217
Total Contract Value: $12.6 million
- Interior Courtyard
- Large Screen Porches
- Beauty Salon and Spa
- Activities Room
- Putting Green
Challenges & Solutions
- Build location from North Florida to a South Florida climate and construction type.
- The owner desired a heavy timber look at the five courtyard entrances.
- Prior to the installation of flooring, test results revealed the concrete slab contained too high of moisture content to install the flooring materials per the manufacturers’ recommendations.
The Douglas Company Solutions
- TDC provided leadership in problem solving and recommendations for modifications to the existing design.
- In order to ensure the Owner’s quality expectations were met, TDC provided opportunities to utilize the mock-up process so that the Owner could review, provide comments, and make modifications enhancing the final product.
- TDC worked with the Owner over four weeks to identify a cost-effective solution, using a new product to seal the concrete slab and worked multiple shifts seven days a week to expedite the completion of the flooring materials.
The Douglas Company Announces Completion of Construction on Your Life Senior Living Memory Care Community