Read More >
Project Type: Supervised Independent, Assisted Living, and Memory Care
Project Location: Brandenton, Florida
Number of Units: 126
Owner: Discovery Senior Living
Architect: Architectural Concepts, Inc.
Completion Date: December 2015
Total Square Footage: 126,000
Total Contract Value: $16 Million
- Indoor Therapy Pool
- Movie Theater
- Wellness Center
- Beauty Salon/ Barber Shop
- Spa and Massage Parlor
- Full-Service Bar Area
- Largest Units Floor Plans Among Comparable Facilities
- Four (4) Multi-Use Outdoor Courtyards
- Large Common Spaces
- Full Service Luxury Dining Halls
- On-Site Medicare Certified Home Health Care Company
Challenges & Solutions
- Numerous civil design changes caused budget issues for the Owner.
- The Owner faced county permitting issues that originally prohibited the Owner’s Sales
- The Owner required that their staff, equipment, and furniture be brought into the facility prior to the punch process being completed.
The Douglas Company Solutions
- TDC assisted the Owner by providing around $500,000 in Value Engineering alternatives to offset costs
- TDC worked with county representatives to compromise on allowing the temporary Sale’s Trailer.
- TDC worked to obtain a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy and opened-up areas for the Owner’s Staff and furniture to move in as needed.
Discovery Village Sarasota Update Brochure
The Douglas Company Announces the Completion of Discovery Village at Sarasota Bay in Bradenton, Florida