Project Type: Supervised Independent, Assisted Living, and Memory Care
Project Location: Brandenton, Florida
Number of Units: 126
Owner: Discovery Senior Living
Architect: Architectural Concepts, Inc.
Completion Date: December 2015
Total Square Footage: 126,000
Total Contract Value: $16 Million
- Indoor Therapy Pool
- Movie Theater
- Wellness Center
- Beauty Salon/ Barber Shop
- Spa and Massage Parlor
- Full-Service Bar Area
- Largest Units Floor Plans Among Comparable Facilities
- Four (4) Multi-Use Outdoor Courtyards
- Large Common Spaces
- Full Service Luxury Dining Halls
- On-Site Medicare Certified Home Health Care Company
Challenges & Solutions
- Numerous civil design changes caused budget issues for the Owner.
- The Owner faced county permitting issues that originally prohibited the Owner’s Sales
- The Owner required that their staff, equipment, and furniture be brought into the facility prior to the punch process being completed.
The Douglas Company Solutions
- TDC assisted the Owner by providing around $500,000 in Value Engineering alternatives to offset costs
- TDC worked with county representatives to compromise on allowing the temporary Sale’s Trailer.
- TDC worked to obtain a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy and opened-up areas for the Owner’s Staff and furniture to move in as needed.