Substantial completion is a key milestone in the construction process, as part of the post-construction process we perform the necessary reviews and assist the owner and architect with the coordination of obtaining a certificate of occupancy. The project manager and project superintendent perform a punch-list walk-through with the owner and architect. Certificates of Substantial Completion are issued with related final punch lists for each designated portion of the project.
- Provide operating and maintenance manuals.
- Secure and assemble warranties and guarantees.
- Provide check-out of equipment.
- Instruct personnel in equipment operating and maintenance procedures.
- Implement close-out procedures and ensure requirements are met.
- Assist the owner in the enforcement of warranties and guarantees.
- Conduct 11-month walk-through with the owner to capture and resolve any open warranty issues.