It’s All About Teamwork
The Douglas Company believes in specialization and recruiting the best resources for each individual project. TDC performs no trade work and hires specialty subcontractors to perform each element of the work.
As an industry leading General Contractor, our business is only as good as our subcontractors that become part of our team. We greatly appreciate the value of all our subcontractors and are determined to maintain the highest quality standards for our customers.
Subcontractor Opportunities/Bid List
Click on the project titles below to see more information.
PROJECT NAME: Memorial Point Senior Living
BID DUE DATE: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
The Douglas Company is inviting subcontractors to bid on a new assisted living and memory care community located in Southgate, KY. The project includes the following major scopes: mass excavation & site work, asphalt paving, landscaping, fence & gates, concrete, masonry, structural steel, fireproofing, railings, canopies, finish carpentry, cabinets, countertops, waterproofing, insulation, roofing, siding, doors & hardware, windows & patio doors, glazing, metal framing, drywall, ACT, flooring, paint, appliances, commercial kitchen & laundry, elevators, HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, and electrical.
Please send an email to email@example.com to have the project documents sent to you.
- Site: 6.0 A
- Building Area: 95,576 sf
- Building Units: 87
- Number of Stories: 3
- Start Date: November 2023
- NOTE: This is NOT a prevailing wage project. Please do not include prevailing wages in your price.
- NOTE: DO NOT CONTACT THE OWNER OR ARCHITECT please e-mail all RFI’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NOTE: This project is NOT tax exempt. Please include sales tax in your price.
- NOTE: All prices must be valid for a period not less than 90 days.
- NOTE: Prepare base bid as per plans and specifications. Please identify any value engineering options that you wish to be considered by the Owner and design team separate on your bid form.
SUBMIT BIDS AND RFI’s TO:
- Andrew Barger email@example.com
PROJECT NAME: Villas at Hedgewood
469 Hedgewood Drive, St. Augustine, FL 32092
BID DUE DATE: Tuesday, August 29th 2023 at 2:00 PM
The Douglas Company is cordially inviting you to participate in the bidding process for the Phase 1 construction of a new townhouse community located in St. Augustine FL. The Douglas Company has received a Letter of Award from Westminster Communities stating TDC is the sole GC involved in this project. Sitework is expected to start in August/September 2023.
Please provide a detailed firm price proposal for all activities related to your trade as per the Plans & Specifications provided in the link below.
BID DOCUMENTS are available in the link below:
Site: 9.53 Acres
Total AC SF: 72,036 SF
Total number of townhome units: 36 Units
Number of buildings: Duplex (2), Triplex (6), Quadplex (3)
- NOTE: This is an owner-funded project, not dependent on bank financing.
- NOTE: Owner is a non-profit and will be purchasing direct PO’s for materials over $5,000.
- NOTE: Sitework is expected to start in August/September 2023.
- NOTE: This will not be a HUD project.
- NOTE: This will not be a prevailing wage project.
- NOTE: All prices must be valid for a period of not less than 30 days.
- NOTE: Prepare base bid as per plans and specifications. Voluntary VE options are to be listed separately from your base proposal.
- NOTE: Please respond to this email to confirm your participation and to ensure you receive future correspondence for this project.
SUBMIT BIDS to:
Matt Upton, Lead Estimator firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: (407) 370-2001 x306
Cell: (407) 495-7195
“Parker-Arntz Plumbing & Heating, Inc. has worked with The Douglas Company on multiple large projects in Michigan & Ohio. They offer a high level of professionalism from the office to the field. We work well together because they treat us as a part of their team and they want everyone to succeed on their projects. The Douglas Company is a very important client for us and we look forward to working with them for years to come.”
Parker-Arntz Plumbing & Heating, Inc.
“Marietta Sand Corporation is nearing completion of it’s first project as a site work subcontractor with The Douglas Company. Our experience has been consistently positive from the beginning. Their professionals have done an excellent job of planning ahead and communicating at all levels which has kept the job running smoothly and on schedule. They are knowledgeable of the product being built and pay attention to details thereby minimizing costly surprises and fire drills. MSC looks forward to our next opportunity to work with The Douglas Company. ”
Marietta Sand Corporation
“Crystal Window and Door has worked jointly with The Douglas Company on multiple projects over the last 10 years. Their team is always cooperative, knowledgeable, and professional in all aspects of the construction process. We appreciate being part of any one of their projects.”
Crystal Window & Door Systems
“Atlantic Plumbing & Solar Engineering has worked with The Douglas Company on several large projects and find both management and office personnel very professional and responsive at all levels of construction. They communicate well and maintain a company culture that facilitates organization and high-quality standards to ensure completion schedules are met. We welcome any future opportunities to work with The Douglas company.”
Atlantic Plumbing & Solar Engineering Inc.
Click on the video below to see our Payment Process Video — The Douglas Company’s video guide for completing our payment application.
Subcontractors and suppliers are our partners in construction, and are treated as such. We firmly believe in our Subcontractor Bill-of-Rights
Prior to the award of subcontracts, we perform a thorough pre-qualification procedure, checking reference credit, prior experience, and financial capability. This pre-qualification process helps to ensure that budgets and schedules can be maintained at all times.
Below are downloadable PDF forms frequently requested by our subcontractors.
- Download Affidavit of Subcontractor
- Download Partial Waiver and Lien Release
- Download Subcontractor Prequalification Request
- Download Subcontractor Application for Payment
- Download Final Waiver and Release (Your Final Waiver)
- Download Final Waiver and Release (Lower Tier Vendors Final Waiver)
- Download Partial Waiver and Lien Release (Lower Tier Vendors Partial Waiver)
- Download Subcontractor Prequalification Projects More Than $150,000