The definition of “quality” in the construction industry does not mean goodness, luxury, or shininess. It should be defined as “conformance to requirements” such as: Project specifications
- Project drawings
- Industry standards
- Code requirements
- Shop drawings
- Manufacturers written installation instructions
- Detailed subcontractor prequalification, including job site visits to help assure that subcontractor has no major quality issues.
- Preconstruction meetings to review the standards that are to be followed.
- Pre-installation meetings prior to the start of work to review, in detail, the standards that will be followed.
- Quality inspections for each... Read More >