Project Type: Memory Care
Project Location: Syracuse, New York
Number of Units: 64 units
Owner: Peregrine Senior Living / Onondaga Senior Real Estate, LLC
Architect: MWT Architects, PC
Completion Date: January 2018
Total Square Footage: 35,795
Total Contract Value: $7.5 Million
- 3 Interior Courtyards
- Full Service Kitchen
- 1950’s Themed Diner
- Fireplace Room
- Several Lounge and Gathering Areas
- Dining Areas
- Full Service Salon
Challenges & Solutions
- The owner’s frequent design changes and additions to the project threatened to delay work and increase costs.
- Construction of the foundations began in December in upstate New York with significant amounts of snow and unfavorable weather conditions.
- The project site was 500 miles from the Douglas Company’s office, making communication and management more difficult.
The Douglas Company Solutions
- The Douglas Company kept the owner and subcontractors coordinated by recording all changes and design details until formal drawings could be issued and by holding on-site preconstruction meetings and quality inspections, ensuring all parties were aware of changes and that the work was of the highest quality.
- The Douglas Company constructed temporary protective structures and implemented a temporary heating system to protect the foundations from winter weather and ensure proper curing of the concrete.
- The Douglas Company’s management team went the extra mile to make certain that the site ran smoothly with a project manager on-site weekly and a project coordinator on-site full-time during the second half of construction.