Read More >
Project Type: Assisted Living and Memory Care
Project Location: Stuart, Florida
Number of Units: 134
Owner: Confluent Development / Harbor Retirement Associates
Architect: Baker Barrios Architects, Inc.
Completion Date: October 2020
Total Square Footage: 127,798 square foot
Total Contract Value: $27 Million
- High-End Interior Finishes,
- Full-Service Commercial Kitchen
- Multiple Dining Areas
- Message Room
- Wellness Room
- (3) Interior Courtyards complete with Multiple Fountains
- A Putting Green
- Resident Planning Beds
- A Fire Pit
HarborChase of Stuart Update Brochure
Challenges & Solutions
- Confluent Development and HRA worked with a trusted contractor through design and were $2.5 million over budget. After other successful project completions with The Douglas Company, they approached us to see if we could solve the problem.
- The Fire Marshal and Mechanical and Civil Inspectors caused many changes in the final stages of construction.
- COVID-19 restrictions forced The Douglas Company’s office staff to work remotely and caused material delivery delays from factory shutdowns during the peak of onsite manpower.
- Without significant compromise to systems or aesthetics, The Douglas Company provided solutions that made the project feasible to move forward.
- The Douglas Company got new pricing and worked directly with the city to continue furniture and artwork installation while also fixing the design issues, finishing the punch list, and performing final inspections.
- The Douglas Company team pushed an aggressive schedule and kept the subcontractors organized, minimizing the delays, and completing the project on time